As with most things I undertake, I did a lot of research. There are hundreds of baby shower sites out there. Some of the most helpful were other blogs, such as Alpha+Mom and Homemade by Jill. We are having about fifteen people, and here is the menu. Nothing too fancy, but I think it will be nice.
- chocolate raisins, mints, nuts, jelly beans
- yummy crab dip (I confess that this is store purchased, but I have not been able to find a recipe that beats it.)
- fruit salad
- mini chicken salad sandwiches
- deviled eggs
- homemade banana bread
- strawberry mousse (thank you Simply Recipes)
- Special K bars (this is my mother-in-law's recipe. simple and always the first to go at a party)
- Angel food cupcakes
That's about it for now; I will post pictures of the shower and more information about the decorations we made later.