Saturday, September 6, 2008

Reversible Vest

Today, I made this reversible fleece vest for my nephew whose birthday is next weekend. One side is camouflage, and the other is blaze orange. He loves being outside, so I think this is something that he will definitely wear.


I used McCall's pattern 3416, and then these instructions for making it reversible. I wish I had taken some photographs to add to the written directions. Maybe it was me, but the steps would have been much clearer with illustrations. There was some seam ripping and cursing, but I was able to figure it out. Of course, having LM walk away with my seam ripper and dump over the shredded trash bin in the middle of the process did not help much.

Success on my first piece of clothing made from a pattern. Yippeee.

No comments: