Sunday, July 20, 2008

Receiving Blanket Curtains

We are in the process of switching out LM's bedroom from a baby's room to a little boy's room. I'm actually not too sad about this. Every age has brought something different and fun, so I'm looking forward to whatever the future brings.

We took down the crib about two weeks ago and got him a bunk bed. Right now we just put up the bottom bed, and he seems to have adjusted without any problems at all. I found some new bedding this weekend--tropical fish, and I am in the process of making some new curtains.

I had actually forgotten that I made his baby room curtains until I took them down today. I wish I had taken a picture of them because they were really cute.

Take two receiving blankets, and cut one of them in half.
Sew the two half pieces onto the sides of the uncut receiving blanket.

Fold the long piece in half, so the right sides are facing out.


Sew a 1" pocket along the entire top for the curtain rod. That's it.

No comments: