Sunday, June 1, 2008

Baby Shower Recap

We did it! We kept the shower a secret despite a last minute change in my sister's plans, and everyone had a good time.

Here is the diaper cake I made. It was really easy to do, but I do have to give credit to those that helped with the inspiration. This You Tube video is good, and I liked the way this "cake" from Alpha+Mom was wrapped to cover up the designs on the diapers. Try finding plain white diapers!



I usually test recipes before I serve them, but I didn't have time to do that with everything this time. I used Martha Stewart's meringue butter cream recipe for the cupcake frosting. It was delicious. How can you go wrong with anything that has 8 sticks of butter in it!


The color of this photo isn't quite right, but I like the composition. If you want to see some truly beautiful cupcakes that are really more art than food, check out Flickr.

No comments: