Monday, June 30, 2008

Letters

This is a box of letters--one of many boxes of letters and cards. In fact, I have almost every piece of correspondence written to me since I was a small child.

What in the world I am supposed to do with all of them! Part of me says just keep them. I have had them this long, and they will be neat to have in the future.

The other part of me says throw them all away. Most of them are just cards--birthday, christmas, valentine's, etc. Somewhere in the middle would be sorting through them and keeping those with particular artistic or sentimental value and tossing the rest. Quite frankly, I find the prospect of that task overwhelming.

I know some people use old cards for scrapbooking, but I'm not really into that. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Zsenya said...

If you find a good solution, let me know! I also have boxes and boxes of these things. I have a system where I have a nice box I keep them in. When that is full, I transfer the contents to a shoebox. That is it. Then they sit...

If this came into my archives, I'd probably be a little annoyed and tempted to throw them away! But it is hard to do that with your own stuff. I suppose that is part of why people donate things to archives in such a mess - they want the archivist to make the decision. At least, that is my theory.

Jennifer said...

Glad to see you are back! I'll let you know if I come up with something to do with the letters. There are also boxes of photos....